Saturday, February 21, 2009

WORD UP

WORD UP

I love to write so in many ways emailing is a tool for my creative side and reaches out to my expressive side, so whether it is on a site like TAGGED, YAHOO, or a similar site it can be a blessing and at others a shock at what one learns about a person.

It always amazes me how somebody you get to know through a email can sometimes lift you up or how very insightful it can be to their core (spirit). The written word to me is a powerful tool which can encourage, hurt, be thought provoking and a lot of times misunderstood, since you can not see or hear the inflection in someones voice or the emotion on their face.

I have at times had my own feelings hurt or been disgusted by something I read in a email; therefore it made me think how powerful the written word is. I know we always have heard about how powerful the spoken word is......people have said, " you can not take back your words once it is out there", but to me it is the same as the written word.....even if you delete the written word whoever read it still has it imprinted in their brain; therefore I pray that God allows my words to encourage and lift someone in a good way and I hope to never destroy or break down someones hopes, dreams, or life by my words. I want my words to linger in your mind, wrap around your soul like a warm blanket, and send your mind to a place of thoughtfulness and to never be like a sword that cuts and kills.

Please think about the above things next time you send/reply to an email or write anything that is personal in nature.

Remember words can be like bee's spreading pollen to create many beautiful things or like their stingers causing a lot of pain.

1 comment:

Debbie Turner Chavers said...

Bravo Terry!
May your words always bless others and lead them to Christ Jesus.

Debbie