Wednesday, January 28, 2009

COUNTING OUR BLESSINGS

COUNTING OUR BLESSINGS

I know that this is almost the end of January and I am recalling thoughts from a month ago, but bear with me and I hope that you will be able to count your blessings.

I have worked in the insurance industry for 16 years now and in every job that I held except for my current one we never had Christmas Eve off and we certainly did not get it off early; therefore it was a real blessing when my current employer allowed us to leave at 3:00 on all the major holidays. Well needless to say in these uncertain economic times this was taken from us this year! Well it took me until Christmas Eve of this year to realize that there was a blessing in this as well. You see it dawned on me as I heard the rumbling and complaints around my office about not being let off early from my fellow co workers.....that I was truly blessed, because there was someone out there that would love to be in my co-workers shoes to have a job to complain about not getting off early from...to be able to complain about how much work they would have after returning from their holiday break....needless to say on 12/26/08 I smiled as I sat down to my pile of mail, new claims, and the thousands of voice mails on my phone. I smiled and bowed my head to give thanks for my blessing of being piled under instead of being unemployed. I shared these thoughts with my co workers and unemployed son that day and they too counted their blessing.

Have you remembered to count your blessings today or recently? Remember God does not bring you too it that he will not bring you through it, so keep counting.

No comments: