Tuesday, July 7, 2009

SETTING THE RECORD STRAIGHT



I would like to set the record straight regarding a blog I wrote titled "Your Words Can Cut Like a Knife". Please note that this blog was about words and how it can effect someone whether one realizes it or not. I have also come to realize if my supervisor had read my blog my words might of offended her and that is not and was not my intent.

My supervisor and friend did react as I described in my blog that day, but mention of her behavior that day in no way describes her as a person. I would like to state for the record that I refer to her as our butterfly or Sunshine, because she is constantly moving about-the ultimate description of a social butterfly and her personality lights up a room just as sunshine does. She has a way of making friends with everyone she meets and has a laugh that reminds one of a babbling brook, so refreshing and it draws you in making you want to laugh as well. She is a not an affection person in the sense that she is demonstrative, but she does show her concern and love in so many more ways. She has often made me cry (in a good way) with something she has complimented me on, or in a card she has given me, or just like she did several weeks ago surprising me with a gift card for all the hard work I had been doing..not because she had to do this simply because she wanted to, which made this so much more special.

At times you might not like what she has to say, because she is so straight forward with her words. I think it it is better than the people who beat around the bush or hide their feelings, because at least you know where you stand with her. Her honesty with you is something that needs to be appreciated even if it might hurt at the time.

I hope this blog has set the record straight about a woman who I do love and care about and whom I am glad to call my supervisor and friend.

No comments: